Mississauga-Brampton Goods and Services: Toys for Children
Here are some links to sites that rate the most popular toys and gifts:
- 10 ways To Save Money On Toys
- W.A.T.C.H. World Against Toys Causing Harm - Non-profit organization that lists toy hazards and a "10 worst toys" list.
- Canadian Toy Testing Council top toys over the years
- Computer Games recommendations (toy testing council)
- Consumer Reports for kids
- CPSC Toy Safety Publications - fact sheets from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Epinions: Toys - Comprehensive site with consumer reviews, tips, and advice on both toys and games. Search by type, character, price or brand name.
- The National Parenting Center - Independent parent testers review, test, and give seals of approval to toys, games, books, software, educational products.
- Dr. Toy from the Institute for Childhood Resources - Comprehensive site with tips, articles, evaluations, company links, toy history, "100 best toys"
- Virginia Cooperative Extension: Tips on Toys - Choosing safe toys, organized by age of the child.
Baby & Educational
- Beanie Babies (ebay)
- Educational Toys (ebay)
- Fisher-Price Pre-School Toys (ebay)
- Children's Board Games (ebay)
- Kids Toys (ebay)
- Kids Games (Consumers Guide)
- Learning and Educational Toys (Consumers Guide)
- Pretend Play Toys (Consumers Guide)
- LEGO (ebay)
- Magic the Gathering Trading Card (ebay)
- Selling Guide: Toys (ebay)
Dolls & Bears
- American Girl Dolls (ebay)
- Barbie Dolls (ebay)
- Collectible Dolls (ebay)
- Dolls (ebay)
- Madame Alexander Dolls (ebay)
- Reborn Dolls (ebay)
Action Figures & Toy Cars
- Action Figures (ebay)
- GI Joe Action Figures (ebay)
- Star Wars Action Figures (ebay)
- Transformers Action Figures (ebay)
- Yu-Gi-Oh (ebay)